2 cups (8 ounces) King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
⅔ cup (2 ½ ounces) finely ground almond meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons (1 ounce) chia seed
2 large eggs
⅓ cup (3 ounces) vegetable oil (soybean oil)
1 cup (8 ounces) mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
¾ cup (6 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
⅔ cup (5 ounces) maple syrup
¾ cup (4 ounces) dried wild Maine blueberries or coarsely chopped dried blueberries
½ cup (2 ounces) chopped pecans (optional)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed with 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of a 9” x 5” loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. In a large bowl, stir together flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and chia seed.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, bananas, yogurt, and maple syrup.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Over mixing the batter will make the quick bread tough. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spoon batter into pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar Topping.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, tenting with aluminum foil after 40 minutes. The bread is done when a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean or an instant-read thermometer inserted near the center registers 205°F. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Run a table knife around the edge of the loaf to loosen. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack before slicing.
1 loaf, 18 servings.
Per Serving (1 slice, 71g):
210 calories, 8g fat, 5g fiber, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 30g carbohydrates, 20mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 5g protein, 1mg vitamin C, 1mg iron, 66mg calcium.