1 cup fresh orange juice (110°F – 115°F)
1 (¼ ounce) package RED STAR® Active Dry Yeast
⅓ cup corn oil
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, beaten
½ teaspoon salt
3 ¼ – 3 ½ cups King Arthur® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
¾ cup orange marmalade, for filling
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 – 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh grated orange zest
- Using a microplane zester, grate just the outer layer of orange for the garnish. Extract juice from 3 – 4 oranges and reserve for the dough and glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together warm orange juice, yeast, oil, sugar, egg, and salt. Wait 5 – 10 minutes for mixture to foam (proof). Stir in 3 cups of flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface, adding more flour as needed. Knead until smooth and elastic, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Lightly grease or line with parchment a 12″ x 18″ baking sheet.
- Gently deflate the dough, and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 20″ circle. Cut circle into 12 equal wedges.
- Spread 1 tablespoon orange marmalade on each wedge. To shape, begin at wide end of wedge and roll toward point. Pinch point to roll to secure. Place, point down, 1″ apart on prepared baking sheet; curve ends into a crescent. Cover; let rise for 30 minutes until nearly doubled. Near the end of the rise, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 13 minutes, until light golden brown or the internal temperature is about 190°F. Transfer to rack to cool. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the crescents and garnish with orange zest.
Per Serving (1 CRESCENT, 107g):
310 calories, 60 calories from fat, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 15mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 59g total carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 28g sugars, 5g protein, 75mcg folate, 10mg vitamin C, 20mg calcium, 2mg iron.